Archive for May 2012

[ecrea] CFP: Diffusion of Law & Policy, Int Studies Association

Thu May 17 17:33:19 GMT 2012

The theme of the International Studies Association (ISA) 2013 conference focuses on "The Politics of International Diffusion:  Regional and Global Dimensions."  We know well that laws, regulations, and doctrinal policy principles have been diffusing globally for several decades now, often yielding very common approaches to the law across national boundaries and even political cultures.  If anyone would like to join a proposal for a panel on "Global Diffusion of Communication Law and Policy," please send me an abstract asap.

For those who haven't attended ISA, it is an outstandingly interdisciplinary event that, for that reason, many of us find particularly stimulating.  Communication has had a growing presence within the association since a section was formed about a decade ago.  Many scholars in communication, media studies, film, information science, sociology, and other cognate fields attend.

Program planners prefer proposals for full panels over individual papers, though of course you can submit the latter as well or instead.  Deadline for all proposals is June 1, which means the deadline for putting a panel proposal together will be May 28 latest.  You can read full details about the call and about ISA athttp://www.isanet.org/annual_convention/call-for-papers.html.

Let me know if you have any questions.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Sandra Braman

Chair, Law Section, International Association of Media&  Communication Research
Co-editor, Information Policy book series, MIT Press
Editor, Communication in the Public Interest book series, Wiley-Blackwell/International Communication Association