Archive for September 2011

[ecrea] Online Archives, Free Media, and a New Special Issue on Memory

Mon Sep 12 17:51:51 GMT 2011

Southern Cultures, the interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed, and award-winning quarterly from UNC's Center for the Study of the American South, has just released a special issue devoted entirely to Memory. We've also updated our online archives in many subject areas and are again offering free CDs and DVDs for use in classrooms.

50,000 students and scholars of numerous disciplines and from over 1000 institutions in over 70 countries have read Southern Cultures in the past year alone, and all of our content from the last decade is available online by subject area and by issue at:

http://www.southerncultures.org/content/read/

To browse the current issue on Memory, locate information on submissions, or to read about our free media for classroom use, please visit:

www.SouthernCultures.org <http://www.SouthernCultures.org>

Thank you.

Best,

Dave Shaw

Executive Editor, /Southern Cultures/

UNC's Center for the Study of the American South

CB# 9127, UNC-CH

Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-9127

/www.SouthernCultures.org

/"The rich array of photographs and graphics,
and the sincere and effective attempt at readerly appeal,
go well beyond what is attempted by most. . .
/Southern Cultures/ is truly impressive."
---/Council of Editors of Learned Journals/