Archive for September 2011

[ecrea] 2 tenure-track faculty positions (Univ. of Cincinnati)

Thu Sep 08 19:29:55 GMT 2011

Colleagues:  I am pleased to post announcements for two tenure-track

faculty searches that the University of Cincinnati is launching for
Fall 2012 (specific job #s will be created in the next few
days).  One position is in health and/or environmental communication,
and the other position is in public relations campaigns.

I encourage you to apply for either or both positions if
interested.  Come and join one of the best MA programs and faculty
groups in the nation.

If you have questions about the positions, you can contact me
(off-list please!!) or Professor Sabourin, search committee chair
(e-mail provided).

UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:  HEALTH/ENVIRONMENTAL COMMUNICATION

The Department of Communication at the University of Cincinnati seeks
to hire a tenure-track assistant professor to conduct research and
teach in the area of Health and/or Environmental Communication. All
tenure track faculty engage in research, teaching and service
activities.  For this position, we seek an outstanding individual
whose research program examines urban or community-based dimensions
of health and/or environmental communication, such as health
disparities, environmental justice, advocacy campaigns, and public
participation in policy-making.  Ability to obtain and conduct
sponsored research in these areas is desirable but not required. In
addition, the successful candidate will be expected to teach existing
undergraduate courses in health and/or environmental communication as
well as core courses that support our undergraduate major (such as
rhetorical or communication theory or research methods), and to
develop and teach topical courses that support and extend our MA
program.  The teaching load for tenure track faculty members is two
courses per semester term.

Qualifications: Completed Ph.D. required by 31 July, 2012, evidence
of research and publication activity, and evidence of teaching
effectiveness.

Applicants for this position must apply online by going to
www.jobsatuc.com, position # to be created (ex. 211UCxxxx).  Cover
letter should address the candidate's fit with both the position and
Departmental Mission.  Vita, cover letter, and samples of scholarly
work can also be posted on-line.  Send copy of graduate transcripts,
evidence of teaching effectiveness, and three letters of
recommendation to: Teresa Sabourin, Search Committee Chair,
Department of Communication, University of Cincinnati, P.O. Box
210184, Cincinnati OH 45221-0184.  Completed applications will be
reviewed beginning on November 1, 2011.  The University of Cincinnati
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.  Women, people
of color, people with disability and veterans are encouraged to apply.

Send inquiries about the position to Profesor Sabourin at
<mailto:(teresa.sabourin /at/ uc.edu)>(teresa.sabourin /at/ uc.edu).

UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
TENURE-TRACK ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:  PUBLIC RELATIONS

The Department of Communication at the University of Cincinnati seeks
to hire a tenure-track assistant professor to conduct research and
teach in the area of Public Relations and Persuasive Campaigns.  All
tenure track faculty are expected to engage in research, teaching and
service activities.  For this position, we seek an outstanding
individual whose research program examines public relations, issue
management, and/or persuasive campaigns in a variety of sectors
(governmental/public, non-profit and corporate/for profit), along
with contemporary trends such as social media and globalization. We
also seek applicants whose research can contribute to our
departmental mission (addressing communication, participation, and
engaged social problems).  Professional experience and ability to
obtain and conduct sponsored research are desirable but not
required.  In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to
teach courses that support our undergraduate major and growing public
relations certificate program (e.g. Communication Research Methods
and Public Relations Campaigns), and who would also develop and teach
topical courses in their areas of expertise that support and extend
our MA program.  The teaching load for tenure track faculty is two