Archive for August 2011

[ecrea] Website for Sharing Teaching Ideas & Resources

Wed Aug 17 15:31:11 GMT 2011

From: 	Tony Nadler <(teachingmedia.contact /at/ gmail.com)>

In 2010, we launched http://w <goog_1997551869>ww.teachingmedia.org
<http://ww.teachingmedia.org> to provide a space for college-level media
studies instructors to share teaching resources and ideas -- from
recommended readings to video clips to assignments and syllabi.  Whether
you work with media analysis, production, history, and/or other
approaches, we’re trying to pool insights from a variety of critical
perspectives on teaching media, journalism, and popular culture.   We’re
building a platform that goes beyond syllabi sharing by allowing media
instructors to help each other with the nitty-gritty of lesson planning
and share why they have chosen specific readings, clips, etc.  If you're
putting together materials for Fall classes, try visiting our site to
browse for ideas and contribute your own.

Though we’re just getting started, many
users have already told us the site has been helpful in giving them new
ideas for teaching.  Please help us build a collaborative media studies
commons by sharing materials and strategies you have used to spur
meaningful educational experiences in your classes.

Best,

Tony Nadler
University of Minnesota

Julie Wilson