Archive for August 2011

[ecrea] Lecturer in Journalism post, maternity cover, De Montfort University, Leicester

Wed Aug 03 13:37:21 GMT 2011

*DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY

FACULTY OF ART, DESIGN & HUMANITIES
*
*School of Media & Communication, Leicester Centre for Journalism

Lecturer in Journalism

Full Time, temporary maternity cover, fixed term until 31 May 2012 or until the return of the post holder, whichever is sooner

Grade F: £30,870 - £33,734 per annum
*
An enthusiastic and knowledgeable lecturer is sought to carry out maternity cover as a Lecturer in Journalism at De Montfort University in Leicester.

Working within the talented team at the acclaimed Leicester Centre for Journalism, the successful applicant will play a leading role delivering the core Journalism studies curriculum across all undergraduate teaching, and supervise BA and MA dissertation students.

You will lead the delivery of, and have particular responsibility for, our journalism studies curriculum, including research methods, dissertation management and supervision. Extensive knowledge of theories of representation, the political economy of the UK news media, and an understanding of current issues in journalism would be an advantage.

Applicants will need a first degree, a Master's degree and will preferably already have, or be near completion of a doctorate (equivalent qualifications accepted). The rewards will include working in a dynamic and fast developing area of the University and working with our demanding, but high-achieving Journalism students, including those on our NCTJ-accredited courses.
*
**Please quote reference: 6949

Closing Date: 17 August 2011

Interview Date: TBC

Application forms and further details are available from our website: *_http://www.dmu.ac.uk/jobs
_*
Alternatively telephone 0116 250 6433 (24 hour answerphone)

Or write to:
*
*The Human Resources Team, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester LE1 9BH.

Please quote the relevant reference number.

We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications which reflect the diversity of our community.*