Archive for June 2011

[ecrea] Virtual Futures 2.0'11 Conference 18-19 June 2011, UK

Thu Jun 02 09:51:26 GMT 2011

Virtual Futures 2.0'11 Conference 18-19 June 2011, , Warwick UK

Cyber Conference on Art, Performance, Philosophy and Emerging Technology

Keynote: Stelarc

Virtual Futures will gather together leading academics and practitioners
to discuss the implications of emerging communication and information
technologies. The conference promises to reconnect audiences with one of
the most important intellectual and cultural developments of our times
the technological extension of the human condition, and will serve to
raise awareness about the continuing significance of the issues
addressed by the original conferences.

http://virtualfutures.co.uk

It looks great, especially for people like me who went to the first
Virtual Futures in the 1990s

_________________

Professor Sue Thomas

Faculty of Humanities/Institute of Creative Technologies
Clephan 1.01d
De Montfort University

The Gateway

Leicester

LE1 9BH, UK

e: (sue.thomas /at/ dmu.ac.uk)

t: @suethomas

w: Nature and Cyberspace: stories, memes and metaphors
http://www.thewildsurmise.com<http://www.thewildsurmise.com/>