[ecrea] CFP:Intersections 2011 Graduate Student Conference, Toronto

Tue Nov 23 15:39:56 GMT 2010

Call for Abstracts:
Intersections 2011 - 10th Annual Graduate Student Conference presented by
The Joint Programme in Communication and Culture, York and Ryerson Universities

~ Vitals, Vital Signs, & Vitality in Addressing Our Changing World ~
March 4, 5 & 6 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Full details here:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1FIAej_EsTLiMNsPza8PGaWj9EEvTFdpMt_4v1InL2su1V1nXVIbjpPwGoin1&hl=en&authkey=CMH5xrIE

Communication and Culture includes a thriving cross section of interdisciplinary work and practice. In one sense, the diversity of methods, frameworks, gestures,
places, spaces, movements, visuals, sensations, communities, and languages
questions the foundations of disciplinary knowledge. Yet, this
interdisciplinary pursuit may itself be seen as an intervention into the
foundations of a changing world. How do we locate the fundamentals? Who decides
what the vital signs are and how do we 'read' them? How do we maintain the
vitality of this pursuit?

Intersections 2011 invites submissions exploring the links between vitals, vital
signs, and vitality. We are particularly interested in hearing how media,
culture, politics, policy, and technology might enhance our capacity to 'check
up' on and intervene in the complexity of our changing world.

For our 10th Annual Graduate Student Conference in Communication and Culture, we
have introduced a new format for presenting work, including:

1. Visual Displays
2. Paper Presentations
3. Workshops and Roundtables

We strongly encourage submissions from students at all levels of the MA & PhD.
Collaborative (co-authored, co-facilitated, co-led) work is welcome.

Submissions Due: January 14, 2011 to (intersections2011 /at/ gmail.com)

Contact: Matt Feagan (mfeagan /at/ ryerson.ca) or Zorianna Zurba  (zorianna /at/ gmail.com)