[ecrea] Proposed International Environmental Communication Association strategic planning document

Mon Oct 11 18:21:57 GMT 2010

>As many of you know, for the past year an
>international task force has been developing
>plans for a professional organization dedicated
>to the field of environmental communication
>(EC). Up to this point, we have been mostly
>working internally. However, today we are
>releasing a strategic planning document for
>comment and discussion within and beyond the EC
>community of scholars, practitioners, students and activists.
>
>Please download the International Environmental
>Communication Association strategic planning
>document<http://www.esf.edu/ecn/downloads/IECA_Strategic_Plan_10-10-10.pdf>
>(PDF) and have a look. We invite you to leave
>comments on the Indications
>blog<http://indications.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/proposed-international-environmental-communication-association-strategic-planning-document/>,
>or on the ECN mailing list.
>
>Please note that "International Environmental
>Communication Association" is a working name for
>the organization. In addition to your comments
>on the details of the proposed organization, we
>would also like to hear your suggestions for a name.
>
>If you support the effort to build and promote
>the field and to improve and expand the practice
>of environmental communication, then I and my
>colleagues on the task force urge you contribute
>to the discussion. And please pass this message
>on to people and networks you think might be interested.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark Meisner, Ph.D.
>Assistant Professor
>Department of Environmental Studies, SUNY-ESF
>107 Marshall Hall, 1 Forestry Dr., Syracuse, NY 13210-2787 USA
>Phone: (315) 470-6908 * Fax: (315) 470-6915 *
>(mmeisner /at/ esf.edu)<mailto:(mmeisner /at/ esf.edu)>
>http://www.esf.edu/es/faculty/meisner.htm
>" Coordinator, Environmental Communication, Culture & Writing Program,
>Department of Environmental Studies
>" Curriculum Group Leader, Environmental
>Communication and Participatory Processes area,
>Graduate Program in Environmental Science
>" Director, Environmental Communication Network (ECN)
>http://www.esf.edu/ecn/
>" Editor, Indications: Environmental Communication & Culture blog
>http://indications.wordpress.com/

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885