[ecrea] CSCA Communication Theory Interest Group

Wed Sep 15 17:44:26 GMT 2010

>COMMUNICATION THEORY INTEREST GROUP Call for
>Papers 2011 Central States Communication
>Association in Milwaukee, WI Home April 5-10,
>2011 The Communication Theory Interest Group
>welcomes submissions of competitive papers and
>panel proposals for the 2011 CSCA Conference.
>Any topic related to communication theory is
>welcome. We encourage submissions that focus on
>the convention theme, â¬SHome.⬝ The
>Communication Theory Interest Group is
>especially interested in submissions that:
>·            Investigate the intersections of
>theory and practice ·            Examine
>current developments and/or advances in
>communication theory ·            Represent
>distinctive ways of theorizing about
>communication and culture in everyday lives,
>including performance-based methods
>·            Address beneficial ways of
>teaching communication theory, including, but
>not limited to, critical pedagogical means of
>instruction ·            Consider the
>relationship between theory and method
>·            Contribute to the development of
>communication as a theoretically
>informed        discipline Just as
>conceptualizations of â¬Shome⬝ are culturally
>distinctive, so are the ways we represent
>communication theory or theorize communication.
>In light of this understanding, we welcome
>various types of submissions, including
>competitive paper panels, response and
>discussion panels, roundtable discussions,
>dialogue sessions, and debates. We welcome
>submissions from faculty, undergraduate and
>graduate students, and communication
>practitioners whose work is informed by
>communication theory. The top competitive paper
>by a student and the top competitive paper by a
>faculty member or professional will be given a
>cash award. Others submitting top three papers
>will receive recognition. Guidelines for
>Submission of competitive papers and panel
>proposals: Competitive papers must conform to
>APA standards. On the title page include the
>name(s) of author(s), institutional
>affiliation(s), and contact information.
>Author(s) name and affiliation(s) should only be
>included on the title page. Remove all author
>references from the text of the paper. Students
>submitting papers should mark the title page as
>a STUDENT submission. Panel proposals must
>include a title, the name of person responsible
>for the program, and names, institutional
>affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and
>email addresses of each panel participant.
>Include a 200-word abstract for the panel AND a
>100-word abstract or brief explanation for each
>participant's purpose/perspective. Panel
>proposals must also include a 2011 CSCA â¬SPanel
>Proposal Form⬝ available in the â¬SProgram
>Planner Guide⬝ section on www.csca-net.org.
>Submit papers and proposals as MICROSOFT WORD
>attachments to Keith Berry at
>(kberry /at/ uwsuper.edu). Submissions must be received
>by October 6, 2010. Only complete papers and/or
>proposals will be considered. Upon paper
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885