[ecrea] Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and Computer Science, November4 21-22

Fri Jul 23 14:06:23 GMT 2010

>The fifth annual Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and
>Computer Science (DHCS) will be held at Northwestern University on
>November 21-22, 2010 (Sunday-Monday).
>
>The tag line for this year's colloquium is "Working with Digital
>Data: Collaborate, Curate, Analyze, Annotate." This does not exclude
>a whole lot. Quality will always trump category, but we will be
>particularly interested in papers or poster sessions about
>annotation, scholarly crowdsourcing, and challenges of
>human/computer interaction. How to create better texts from OCR may
>be a problem in which new forms of human/computer interaction hold
>particular promise.
>
>The deadline for submissions is August 31, with notification by
>September 17. We welcome submissions for
>
>1. Paper presentations (20 minutes)
>2. Poster sessions
>3. Software demonstrations
>
>Please submit an abstract (no more than 2 pages, please) in either
>Adobe PDF (preferred) or Word format to
><mailto:(dhcs-submissions /at/ listhost.uchicago.edu)>(dhcs-submissions /at/ listhost.uchicago.edu).
>
>The colloquium now has its own website at
><http://chicagocolloquium.org/>http://chicagocolloquium.org/. It is
>still under construction but the links to past colloquia are a
>useful guide to the scope and spirit of this event.
>
>We will announce the program in the last week of September. There
>will be no registration fee, but we will require registration
>(details to be sorted out).
>
>For questions about the program contact
>
>Martin Mueller
>Professor of English and Classics
><mailto:(martinmueller /at/ northwestern.edu)>(martinmueller /at/ northwestern.edu)
>
>For questions about registration,  logistics and administrative
>matters contact
>
>Nathan Mead
>Coordinator, Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and Computer Science
><mailto:(n-mead2 /at/ northwestern.edu)>(n-mead2 /at/ northwestern.edu)

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885