[ecrea] European conference in aesthetics: societies in crisis, Europe and the aesthetic concept.

Mon Jul 19 22:36:00 GMT 2010

New date 20 August 2010.

>EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON AESTHETICS: â¬SSOCIETIES
>IN CRISIS. EUROPE AND THE AESTHETIC CONCEPT⬝.

>Organised by: Dirección General de Bellas Artes
>y Bienes Culturales (General Directorate of Fine
>Arts and Cultural Assets) of the Ministry of Culture.
>
>In collaboration with: The Department of
>Aesthetics and Art Theory of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
>
>Held: The National Prado Museum (Casón del Buen Retiro and Auditorium)
>
>Dates: 10, 11 and 12 of November 2010. Mornings and Afternoons.

>Core Concept of the Conference.

>One of the important contributions made by
>Europe towards the foundation of Modernity was
>its conceptualization of the aesthetic
>experience and how it is connected to the value
>of freedom. Throughout this Modernity and the
>subsequent debate between Modernity and
>Post-Modernity, its contribution was central to
>thought on the profound changes occurring in the
>subject concept, to articulating certain utopian
>projects and to negative criticism of the systems of representations.

>At this, the beginning of the twenty-first
>century, with the current situation of societies
>in crisis, we propose organising a European
>discussion forum to review the prevailing
>notions of the last decades: the politics and
>micro-politics of the systems of representation,
>transformation of aesthetic thought
>methodologies and visual studies, the structure
>of the artistic system and the review of
>artistic policies in order to construct the bases for possible new horizons.

>Talks.

>In addition to the six plenary lectures, there
>will be five talk forums. Each of these forums
>shall in turn be made up of twelve morning talks
>spread over the three days of the Conference.

>The subject areas of these talks shall be as follows:

>    * History of Aesthetics [coordinated by Miguel Salmerón]
>    * Aesthetics and the History of Arts [coordinated by Patricia Mayayo].
>    * Political dimensión of Art [coordinated by Miguel Cereceda]
>    * Crisis, Criterion and Criticism [coordinated by Javier Fuentes Feo].
>    * Crisis in the Artistic System [coordinated by Lucía Bodas].

>Presentation of Talks.

>Talks may be presented from todayâ¬"s date until 20 August 2010.

>All talks sent shall be unpublished and shall
>not have been presented at previous Conferences.

>The talks shall be 20 minutes long, followed by 15 minutes debate.

>All talk proposals should be sent by e-mail to
>the following address:
><mailto:(congreso.estetica /at/ uam.es)>(congreso.estetica /at/ uam.es)

>The speakerâ¬"s name, postal address and
>contacty telephone number, and the panel for
>which the paper is presented should be clearly
>visible at the top of the proposal.

>All talk proposals should have a title, five
>keywords, summary and brief curriculum vitae.
>The talk summary should have a minimum of 3000
>(including spaces) and a máximum of 5000 characters.

>All this material should be submited in Spanish or English.

> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885