[ecrea] Boundaries, borders and (inter)disciplinary research

Mon Jun 07 05:21:59 GMT 2010

    In-Spire Call for papers

    Summer 2010 In-Spire Special Issue     Volume 5, issue 1   Boundaries, borders and (inter)disciplinary research InSpire publishes critical interdisciplinary research in the social sciences. So we thought it was about time that we began to get critical about interdisciplinarity. That`s why the next special issue, set to be published in the Summer of 2010, seeks to foster a discussion on “Borders, Boundaries and (inter)disciplinary research. We are seeking articles which take into consideration the role of boundaries, limits and borders from a diverse range of academic disciplines and perspectives. What is the purpose of the boundary? How are borders constructed? How are they contested? How are they being reconfigured? What is the value and what are the limits of inter- and post-disciplinary research in investigating these questions? Suggested topics include The gender divide Disciplinary boundaries National/state borders Limits to growth Legal exceptionalism Limits to communication/thought We encourage submissions from established academics as well as young researchers in the form of traditional articles with critical research and academic referencing. Articles should be submitted according to the submission guidelines at www.in-spire.org/guidelines.html < http://www.in-spire.org/guidelines.html> They should be sent to the managing editor at (enquiries /at/ in-spire.org) < mailto:(enquiries /at/ in-spire.org)> no later than 15 June 2010. For further information please see our website at www.in-spire.org < http://www.in-spire.org/>