[ecrea] Interactions cfp

Mon May 10 13:33:54 GMT 2010

Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture

Call for papers
Interactions: Studies in Communication and Culture is currently seeking articles for publication in 2011/12. We are looking for contributions from those at the beginning of their career as well as from established scholars and researchers. Articles should be between 6000-8000 words in length. Particular interests include, but are not limited to work on:

Popular Culture; Media Practices and Institutions; Media History; Media Policy; Audiences; Political Economy; Promotional Culture, New Media, Political Communication, Migration and Diaspora Studies.

Submissions from those seeking publication in 2011 should reach us no later than September 30th  2010. As well as individual articles, we welcome proposals for themed issues. Suitable proposals should be sent to The Editor.

The inaugural issue is available free at:
  http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-issue,id=1725/

Aims and Scope
Interactions aims to encourage the development of the widest possible scholarly community both in terms of geographical location and intellectual scope in the fields of media, communication and cultural studies. We encourage diverse themes, contexts and approaches: empirical, theoretical and historical in order to engage readers in a critical debate on communication, culture and society.

Submissions should be sent the editor, Dr Anthony McNicholas, Communication and Media Research Institute, University of Westminster.

Email: (mcnichc /at/ wmin.ac.uk)
Phone: 0044 (0)20 7911 5000 x4603

Book reviews should be sent to the Book Reviews Editor, Alessandro D’Arma
Email: (A.DArma02 /at/ westminster.ac.uk)