Archive for May 2010

[ecrea] New Post at Ravensbourne (Web Based Media Production and Management)

Fri May 21 14:11:13 GMT 2010

Below = details of a new post at Ravensbourne (www.rave.ac.uk)

Ravensbourne is exceptional. A world-class digital destination developing talented individuals and leading edge businesses though learning, skills, applied research, enterprise and innovation.
From 2010 we will be based at Greenwich Peninsula in an iconic building next to The O2. We will become a portal for talent across London driving growth in the knowledge economy and creative industries.

We are looking to strengthen our team with the following appointment:
SUBJECT LEADER BA (HONS) WEB MEDIA PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
Salary: £43,700 p.a. + benefits in SE London

This exciting new role leads our new three year BA Honours course. The course aims to produce skilled graduates for the creative and broadcast industries working within a ‘Web 2.0’ environment. The first year of the course focuses on producing web-based content and services. The second consolidates students’ understanding of creative and active audiences, and the more complex immersive and commercial web-based environments. The third year prepares students for work, looking at policy and regulation, globalisation and localisation, virtual marketing and new business models.

We are looking for candidates with at least five years experience in a web and media production environment. Ideally, you should be able to weave the theoretical aspects of media, communications and design into practical work. You will have knowledge and experience in managing social and participatory web environments. You will also have good connections with industry and ideally have at least two years experience teaching in Higher Education at BA level. A passion for the education of future industry entrepreneurs and a willingness to work collaboratively with other teams in Ravensbourne is essential.

Qualification Level: Degree
Closing date: Thursday 10th June
Interviews: Tuesday 29th June
To apply:
(w) careers.rave.ac.uk

For further details:
(e) (careers /at/ rave.ac.uk) (t) 020 8289 4917
If you are disabled and want to know more about job opportunities at Ravensbourne, please phone our advice line on 020 8461 3233 or email (sabrebfteam /at/ aol.com).
We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community in our desire to reflect the diversity of the community we serve

If anyone would like to have a chat, give me a ring or send me an email.

Best wishes,

Lizzie

Dr Lizzie Jackson,
Deputy Head of the Faculty of Media and Communication,
Ravensbourne
(lizzie.jackson /at/ rave.ac.uk)
Mobile: [ removed ]