Archive for June 2008

[ecrea] New Chair in Media and Communications

Tue Jun 24 15:12:49 GMT 2008

>DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
>
>                         LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY
>
>Professor of Media and Communications
>
>SS/12984
>                         JUNE 2008
>

>Applications are invited for this permanent position in the Department of
>Social Sciences. We welcome applications for this new Professorship in
>Media and Communications from suitably qualified scholars with interests
>in any area of the field. The main criterion for this post, as for all our
>appointments, will be excellence in research. Candidates will view media
>and communications firmly within an interdisciplinary social science
>framework. They should demonstrate outstanding research qualities, and
>have an international reputation, with a proven track record in research
>and publications of the very highest standard of international excellence.
>The successful candidate will provide leadership in this area of research
>within the department, and help to develop new initiatives in teaching and
>research at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
>
>You will deliver teaching to the undergraduate BSc programme in Media and
>Communication Studies, and to the Masters degree in Media and Cultural
>Analysis. All staff in the department have equal teaching loads to ensure
>maximum capacity for research across the department. You will have strong
>experience of postgraduate teaching and research supervision, and will be
>expected to attract and supervise research students. The department places
>great emphasis on collegiality, and candidates will need to show that they
>have the personal and professional qualities to work constructively and
>creatively with colleagues in the department.
>The Department was rated 5*A in the 2001 RAE, with all staff returned. In
>The Times Good University Guide (2004) and The Independent newspaper
>University Guide (2008), the Media and Communication Studies degree
>programme at Loughborough has been rated top in its subject area among all
>UK universities.
>The appointment will be from January 2009 or as soon as possible
>thereafter.
>The post will be offered on a full-time, opened contract, commencing from
>January 2009.  Starting salary will be negotiable within the professorial
>range, minimum £51,095 per annum.  Extracts of the Conditions of Service
>for Academic and Related Staff can be found at
>http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/personnel/extract.html.
>
>Informal enquiries can be addressed to either Professor Dennis Smith (T:
>+44 1509 223390 or E: (d.smith /at/ lboro.ac.uk)) or Professor Michael Pickering
>(T:  +44 1509 223382 or E:  (m.j.pickering /at/ lboro.ac.uk)).
>
>Information about the University and a downloadable application form can
>be found at: http://www.loughborough-university-jobs.co.uk/. Applications
>should be submitted to Personnel Services, Loughborough University,
> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
&
Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 43  - B-1000 Brussel - Belgium
ECREA's Second European Communication Conference
Barcelona, 25-28 November 2008
http://www.ecrea2008barcelona.org/