[ecrea] 2 Cfp's of CCIJ

Mon Mar 12 13:32:43 GMT 2007

>SPECIAL ISSUE ON COMMUNICATING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE
>

>Recently change communication was given a
>prominent place on the Organizational
>Communication agenda. In a special issue on the
>state of art in communication theory and
>research, Jones and colleagues (2004) state that
>understanding change communication is one of the
>six challenges for OC in the new century. They
>plea for research on communication during the
>implementation of organizational change because
>this offers the chance for organizations to
>manage the change process better (Jones,
>Watson, Gardner, & Gallois, 2004; 737). Detailed
>insight in various forms of communication during
>change processes, and communicative behavior of
>management, or change agents is required. The
>prevailing idea that change communication equals
>top down communication, or management
>communication needs to be reconsidered.
>Organizational Development theory can be helpful
>in this because of its focus on creating
>opportunities for dialogue and interaction in a
>context of organizational change (Cummings,
>2004), although there is relatively little
>attention to communication, it is within OD
>theory part of the vocabulary, but usually is used as a general term.
>

>CCIJ wants to have a special issue on change
>communication, and try to get an overview of the
>recent insights on this. What research is been
>done about the role of information and/or
>communication processes in the failure or
>success of organizational change? Papers could
>be conceptual, empirical, based on case studies,
>or (for instance) the way newspapers publish about organizational change.
>

>Information about the special issue
>
>Deadline of submissions:      October 15th, 2007
>
>Notification to authors:       December 15th, 2007
>
>Deadline revisions:              March, 15th, 2008
>
>Publication:                       issue 3, 2008
>

>Papers should have a maximum of 6,000 words and
>should have a structured abstract (see journal
>homepage for details:
><http://www.emeraldinsight.com/info/journals/ccij/notes.jsp>http://www.emeraldinsight.com/info/journals/ccij/notes.jsp)
>

>Please send your inquiries or your papers to
><mailto:(w.j.l.elving /at/ uva.nl)>(w.j.l.elving /at/ uva.nl).

>Jones, E., Watson, B., Gardner, J., & Gallois, C. (2004). Organizational
>
>communication: Challenges for the new century.
>Journal of Communication, 54, 4, p. 722  750.
>
>Cummings, T.G. (2004). Organizational
>development and change: Foundations  and
>applications. In J.J. Boonstra (Ed.), Dynamics of organizational change
>
>and learning. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Chichester: Wiley, p. 25  42.
>

>Special Issue: Integrated Communications
>

>Call for Papers: Deadline January 1st, 2008
>

>Guest Editors:
>
>Lars Thøger Christensen, The University of Southern Denmark  Odense
>
>Joep Cornelissen, Leeds University Business School
>
>A. Fuat Fýrat, University of Texas­Pan American

> [...]

Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
NEW BOOK: Researching media, democracy and participation.
The intellectual work of the 2006 European media
and communication doctoral summer school.
Available at: http://young.meso.ee/?q=node/54
ICA 2007 Conference [Theme] website @
http://www.vub.ac.be/icatheme07/
!!!!!!NEW!!!!!!!!
Free ECREA Communication Doctoral Summer School Book
"Researching media, democracy and participation" at:
http://www.comsummerschool.org/
---
ECREA Book Series publication
"Reclaiming the Media"
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/ppbooks.php?isbn81841501635
with in the body of the message (NOT in the subject): unsubscribe ecrea
Postal address: ECREA - P.O. Box 106, B-1210 Brussels 21, Belgium
Email: (ecrea /at/ ulb.ac.be)