Archive for September 2004

[eccr] Call for Papers IAMCR Taipei 2005

Mon Sep 13 07:53:26 GMT 2004

>Dear Gender Section Members,
>
>Below, please find a copy of the Call for Papers for the upcoming (2005)
>IAMCR meeting, to be held in Taiwan.
>
>In addition, there is a very brief section report recapping the Porto
>Alegre conference (July 2004). All of this information will be reprinted
>in the upcoming IAMCR newsletter which will come to you in hard copy form,
>via snail trail.
>
>Apropos of communications, if any section member wishes to have
>information passed on to other members of the section -- pertaining to
>projects, funding, book announcements, jobs and the like, please feel free
>to send those posts to me and I will try to distribute them either via the
>mailing list or else on the home page (which we should have updated and
>running in early October).
>
>Best wishes for now,
>
>Todd (for Gita)
>
>--------------------------------
>
>Call for Papers
>
>The Gender Section invites proposals for the IAMCR conference in Taipei
>(July 26-28, 2005). Any proposal addressing the relationship between
>gender and media or communication will be considered  without regard to
>empirical, theoretical, or disciplinary approach. Contributions which seek
>to address the conference theme (<http://www.pucrs.br/famecos/iamcr>Media
>Panics: Freedom, Control and Democracy in the age of Globalisation) are
>especially welcome. Complete panels proposals are encouraged, although
>individual papers will also be considered.
>
>In keeping with our philosophy of recognizing the multiple points of
>intersection between gender, communication and other areas of substantive
>interest to IAMCRs many publics, we are actively committed to convening
>joint sessions with other sections. Thus, as in Barcelona (2002), we plan
>to construct and jointly sponsor panels with the Media and Sport Section.
>To this end, abstracts addressing issues related to gender, media and
>sport will receive a particularly warm reception. Abstracts for this joint
>session should be emailed to Todd Holden
>(<mailto:(holden /at/ intcul.tohoku.ac.jp)>(holden /at/ intcul.tohoku.ac.jp) or
><mailto:(t_sensei /at/ hotmail.com)>(t_sensei /at/ hotmail.com)).
>
>All proposals should include a 500 word abstract, followed by the title,
>name, institutional address and email address of the author or authors. No
>biographical notes or references should be included. Please email all
>proposals to the section heads by the date stipulated in the IAMCR
>newsletter. Notification will be made about 15 weeks prior to the conference.
>
>Inquiries regarding possible themes are welcome; indications of intent to
>submit would be very much appreciated.
>
>Porto Alegre Report:
>
>The Gender Section completed a very successful four days of presentations
>in Porto Alegre. Altogether 9 panels were organized, with 33 papers
>accepted for presentation, from 14 countries, representing Asia, North and
> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.05
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info