Archive for calls, February 2024

[Commlist] CFP: Indigenous Studies Area Accepting Proposals for Midwest Popular Culture Association Conference

Fri Feb 16 17:31:03 GMT 2024

CFP: Indigenous Studies Area Accepting Proposals for Midwest Popular Culture Association Conference October 4-6 2024

Friday-Sunday, 4-6, October 2024

DePaul University, Chicago, IL

Address: DePaul Center, 1 E. Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL 60604 Phone: (312) 362-8000

The Indigenous Studies area of the Midwest Popular Culture Association/Midwest American Culture Association is now accepting proposals for its 2024 conference in Chicago. We welcome proposals related to questions of/for/by Indigeneity across the world. In addition, we welcome submissions that question the relationship(s) between Indigenous and non-Indigenous identities. Suggested topics for paper or panel proposals include, but are not limited to:

Mediated representations of Indigeneity: Past, Present, Future, and Immemorial

Social media presence and content creation on platforms such as TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook

Channels and flows of communication, such as newspapers, radio, television, online forums, and phone applications

The material culture and consumption of Indigenous art, customs, and culture

Campaigns of political and/or activist goals such as the UN’s Decade of Indigenous Languages

Grassroots groups, coalitions, and individual actors

Global interconnectivity of Indigenous peoples

Cooperative movements between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples

Please upload 250 word abstract proposals to the Indigenous Studies Subject Area on the Submissions website at https://www.mpcaaca.org/submit-panels <https://www.mpcaaca.org/submit-panels>.

Please include your name, affiliation, and e-mail address of each author/participant. A preliminary version of the schedule will be posted on our website around August 2024. The final version will be posted online prior to the conference.

If you have any questions about the Indigenous Studies Subject Area, please email Kendall Belopavlovich @ (kybelopa /at/ mtu.edu) <mailto:(kybelopa /at/ mtu.edu)>.

For more information on the 2023 conference, please visit https://www.mpcaaca.org/2023-mpca-aca-annual-conference <https://www.mpcaaca.org/2023-mpca-aca-annual-conference>.