Archive for calls, February 2024

[Commlist] 5th International Media Literacy Research Symposium

Tue Feb 06 21:27:41 GMT 2024

**Open Registration- 5th International Media Literacy Research Symposium**

We are pleased to announce that General Registration is now open for the 5th International Media Literacy Research Symposium, June 27-28,2024 in the Azores with over 100 presentations -- including panels, roundtables, and chair talks!!

Our keynote panel includes: David Buckingham, Sally Reynolds, and Antonio Lopez. The complete schedule will be posted in March.

**STRANDS OF FOCUS:**
Strand 1: Media Literacy & Information Literacy
Strand 2: Media Literacy in Practice (For Practitioners)
Strand 3: Techno Ecosystems/TechnoMorality
Strand 4: Futures & AI–Where are we Going?
Strand 5: History of Media Literacy

**TWO SPECIAL WORKSHOPS (Offered on June 27th)**
Workshop 1: Communities at Work: Teacher and Journalists Demonstrate Media Literacy Usage
Workshop 2: Workshop on the International “Grandparents” of Media Literacy

Due to the number of accepted presentations, we will be starting the conference beginning at 8:30am on the 27th. Please note we will keep registration open until May. However, if you plan on traveling from outside of Europe it is advisable to book by March otherwise you will run into high travel season.

**REGISTRATION COSTS:**
$125.00  Academics/Researchers/Educators
$75.00     Students

Check the website for more details: https://www.imlrs.net/ <https://www.imlrs.net/> or contact: Belinha De Abreu: (deabreub /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(deabreub /at/ gmail.com)> or  Vitor Tomé (vitor /at/ rvj.pt) <mailto:(vitor /at/ rvj.pt)>.