Archive for calls, January 2003

[eccr] Fwd: Scope's new book and film reviews and conference reports

Fri Jan 31 19:20:34 GMT 2003

>The following book and film reviews and conference reports can be accessed
>via the link to the Institute of Film Studies at the bottom of this email
>
>Book Reviews
>
>Section Editor: Lincoln Geraghty
>
>Cinema of Outsiders: The Rise of American Independent Film, By Emanuel Levy,
>A Review by Christine Becker.
>
>A Companion to Film Theory, Edited by Toby Miller & Robert Stam, Film
>Theory: An Introduction, By Robert Stam, and Film and Theory: An Anthology,
>Edited by Robert Stam & Toby Miller, A Review by Ernest Mathijs
>
>Contemporary Korean Cinema: Identity, Culture, Politics, By Hyangjin Lee, A
>Review by Frances Gateward
>
>Countervisions: Asian American Film Criticism, Edited by Darrell Y. Hamamoto
>and Sandra Liu, A Review by Chi-Yun Shin
>
>Enjoy Your Symptom!: Jacques Lacan In Hollywood and Out (Revised Edition),
>By Slavoj Zizek, A Review by Chris Dumas
>
>Postmodern Journeys: Film and Culture 1996-1998, By Joseph Natoli, A Review
>by Kelly A. Ritter
>
>Spanish Cinema. The Auterist Tradition, Edited by Peter William Evans, A
>Review by Antonio Lázaro Reboll
>
>Tenebre/Tenebrae, By Xavier Mendik, A Review by Leon Hunt
>
>Thrillers, By Martin Rubin, A Review by Ronald W. Wilson
>
>The Travelling Cinematograph Show, By Kevin Scrivens and Stephen Smith, A
>Review by Ronald W. Wilson
>
>----
>
>Film Reviews
>
>Section Editor: Karen McNally
>
>About a Boy, A Review by Juliette Wells
>
>Asoka, A Review by Debanjan Chakrabarti
>
>The Butcher Boy, A Review by Shirley Peterson
>
>East is East and My Son the Fanatic, A Review Essay by Chi-Yun Shin
>
>Josie and the Pussycats, A Review by Elizabeth Hale
>
>Lara Croft Tomb Raider, A Review by Rayna Denison
>
>The Man Who Wasn't There, A Review by Sabine Hikel and Andrew McAllister
>
>Metropolis, A Review by Maria Ionita
>
>Ocean's Eleven (1960) and Ocean's Eleven (2001), A Review Essay by Karen
>McNally
>
>Panic Room, A Review by Jon Wisbey
>
>Pitch Black, A Review by David Greven
>
>The Royal Tenenbaums, A Review by Gordon Reavley
>
>Taxi Driver, A Review by Steve Shoemaker
>
>Waking Life, A Review by Jamie Sexton
>
>Werckmeister Harmonies, A Review by Zoran Samardzija
>
>-------
>
>Conference Reports
>
>Section Editor: Rayna Denison
>
>High Theory: Figuring Addictions/Rethinking Consumption conference, 4-5
>April, 2002, Institute for Cultural Research, Lancaster University, A Report
>by Bruce Bennett
>
>Hot and Cold: Film and Television Studies at the PCA/ACA in Toronto, 32nd
>Popular Culture Association and 24th American Culture Association Annual
>Conference, March 13-16, 2002, The Toronto Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto,
>Canada, A Report by Dr. Dennis Cutchins
>
>Places and Spaces in Women's Cultural Studies, The Women's Studies
>Symposium: University of Memphis, October, 2001, A Report by Sharon Monteith

> [...]

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Free University Brussels
Studies on Media, Information & Telecommunication (SMIT)
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
Office: C0.04
W1: http://www.vub.ac.be/SCOM/smit
W2: http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~ncarpent/