Archive for May 2024

[Commlist] Call for Proposals: 2024 MeCCSA PGN Conference

Wed May 15 10:04:43 GMT 2024

We are excited to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2024 Media, Communication, and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) Postgraduate Network Conference, hosted by Edinburgh Napier University on August 30th.

The conference theme, "Identity," invites postgraduate researchers and practitioners to explore the multifaceted nature of identity within media, communication, and cultural studies. We welcome diverse interpretations of this theme, encouraging submissions that delve into researcher identity, representation, mass identity, beyond-human identity, and identity as a dynamic process.

Submission Process:
In recognition of the various interpretations of identity, we offer five different formats for sharing your research:

Paper Presentation
Lightning Talk
Poster
Installation
Workshop

*Please submit an abstract of approximately 300 words and a brief biography of no more than 100 words by the proposal deadline: 14th June 2024.*

For further details and submission guidelines, please follow the link.
https://www.meccsa.org.uk/uncategorized/call-for-proposals-2024-meccsa-pgn-conference/ <https://www.meccsa.org.uk/uncategorized/call-for-proposals-2024-meccsa-pgn-conference/>

*Conference Details:*

Date: August 30th, 2024
Venue: Edinburgh Napier University, Merchiston Campus
Should you have any inquiries or require clarifications, feel free to contact the 2024 MeCCSA PGN Conference team at (meccsapgnconference2024 /at/ gmail.com).

We look forward to fostering engaging discussions on identity in media, communication, and cultural studies.