Archive for May 2024

[Commlist] 2nd Annual BU Summer School in Digital Methods

Tue May 07 14:03:13 GMT 2024

We are delighted to invite you to the 2nd annual Summer School in Digital Methods, running 1st-5th July at Bournemouth University (BU).
The Summer School will cover several digital methods including:

  * Website scraping and APIs
* Content Analysis, Sentiment analysis and Computer-aided content analysis
  * Social Network Analysis,
  *
    AI Masterclass and AI Practice for Research
  * Data Visualisation and storytelling
  * An introduction to Predictive Modelling

All participants will work on a common research problem through the week, and the goal, alongside learning skills, is to collect data for a joint publication. The course will be led by Prof Scott Wright, with support from staff from across BU including Professor Darren Lilleker, Professor Dan Jackson, Professor Anna Feigenbaum, Professor Rick Stafford,  Dr Festus Adedoyin, Dr Michelle Heward and Professor Richard Berger. We will also have sessions on working with industry and some guest lectures.

The Summer School is open to both PhD students and early career researchers. Places are  limited due to lab size and we will select based on answers to the application as well as an overall consideration to ensure a balance amongst participants. _There will be no charge for this event and catering will be provided during the day. We will also offer support of upto £200 to help towards travel and accommodation expenses for non-BU PhD students (max 15).