Archive for July 2022

[Commlist] Film and Media position at UCL

Wed Jul 13 10:58:35 GMT 2022

A post at UCL: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTg4NTA5MSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJmpvYl9yZWZfY29kZT0xODg1MDkxJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0yMjQ=

+++

Lecturer in Film and Media, - Ref:1885091

UCL Department / Division
School of European Languages, Culture and Society
Location of position
London
Grade
8
Hours
Full Time
Salary
(inclusive of London allowance)
£45,610 - £53,757 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities
SELCS-CMII is a world-leading centre for teaching, research and public engagement, focussing on the literature, linguistic traditions, history, sociology, philosophy, art, film and other aspects of the cultures associated with the languages we teach.

Our taught programmes are innovative, challenging and interdisciplinary; academic colleagues and students engage with many urgent concerns facing the world today by understanding Europe’s languages, cultures and histories and their global impact.

We are looking to recruit a Lecturer in Film and Media to teach approximately 130 contact hours per academic year, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, to be determined in consultation with the Director of Film Studies and the Head of Department. The post-holder will be required to set, mark and assess work completed for the modules they teach, and to assist in the examination of related and other modules at the discretion of the Director of Film Studies / Head of Department.

The successful candidate is expected to take up the position on 1 September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. This role is open ended.
Key Requirements
The successful post-holder will have completed a PhD in Film or Media Studies or an appropriate alternative subject area, have a proven record of and commitment to high quality research, and will contribute actively to our research profile through further publications.
Further Details
A job description and person specification can be accessed at the bottom of this page.

To apply for the vacancy please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.

If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact (selcs.operations /at/ ucl.ac.uk)
UCL Taking Action for Equality
We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
Closing Date
Latest time for the submission of applications
23:59
Interview date
TBC
Our department is working towards an Athena SWAN award. We are committed to advancing gender equality within our department. This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.