Archive for November 2020

[Commlist] Research Associate in Virtual Reality and 3D Modelling

Sat Nov 21 14:48:24 GMT 2020

  RESEARCH ASSOCIATE: erc advanced grant studiotec: film studios in
  britain, france, germany and italy, 1930-60 (post for VR and 3D model
  creation)

The Faculty of Engineering, University of Bristol, seeks to recruit a Research Associate for the ERC Advanced Grant project STUDIOTEC: Film Studios in Britain, France, Germany and Italy, 1930-60. You will work with historical maps, plans and photographs for the creation of VR and 3D models of film studios being investigated by the project’s historians. You will work with the project’s other team members investigating how artistic practices responded to transnational flows in film studio expertise, comparing how studio spaces, practices, designs and technical innovations changed over time. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for anyone wishing to push the boundaries of virtual reality and to explore how it can best be used to record and visualize historic data. You should hold a PhD in a field closely related to advanced computing, archaeology, data visualization and digital humanities, or, when combined with substantial industrial experience in VR, an upper-second or above degree in a relevant subject. The full-time post is for 3 years and is open to be filled by 30 March 2021 or at the successful candidate’s earliest availability.

For further details and how to apply: https://tinyurl.com/y4kuljus <https://tinyurl.com/y4kuljus>

Available documents:

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=201414&jobTitle=Research%20Associate%20in%20Virtual%20Reality%20and%203D%20Modelling

+++

To find out more about what it's like to work in the Faculty of Engineering, and how the Faculty supports people to achieve their potential, please see our staff blog:

https://engineeringincludesme.blogs.bristol.ac.uk/

We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.

+++