Archive for August 2020

[Commlist] Lecturer in Cinematography opportunity within the Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University

Sun Aug 09 16:40:43 GMT 2020

Lecturer in Cinematography <https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/lecturer-academic-cinematography-fixed-term> (1 Year fixed term) opportunity within the Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University*. *Closing Date: Sept 7^th

Key info

Salary:
Starting salary from £34,804 – £40,322 per annum with further progression opportunities to £44,045

Date advertised:
Friday, August 7, 2020

Closing date:
Monday, September 7, 2020 - midnight

Please quote reference:
FMC207

Bournemouth University’s vision is worldwide recognition as a leading university for inspiring learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society through the fusion of education, research and practice. Our highly skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the globe, who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences that help to build our global learning community.

The Faculty of Media and Communication at Bournemouth University is one of the largest of its kind in the world and has a global reputation for combining research and teaching practice. The Faculty has an enviable reputation for media production and has developed a popular and successful suite of media production programmes at both undergraduate and post graduate levels

As a Lecturer in Cinematography, you will be able to demonstrate broad knowledge of the contemporary media production landscape and industry realistic in-depth understanding of the skills needed by the next generation of content makers.

Applications are especially welcome from those with professional Television and/or Film drama Cinematography experience.

You will be enthusiastic about active and student-centred teaching, and contribute to innovative, ‘flipped’ and blended learning environments, across the range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.

You will also make a significant contribution to employability and help to further enhance the department’s professional networks.

You will be qualified to Doctorate level or be able to demonstrate the ability to create and disseminate knowledge at an equivalent level. You will ideally be research active and committed to a culture of academic excellence and continuous improvement.

This post is available on a fixed-term basis for 12 months.

For further information and discussion or the opportunity for an informal visit, please contact Dr Ashley Woodfall, Acting Head of Department – Media Production by email at (awoodfall /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk).

BU values and is committed to an inclusive working environment. We seek a diverse community through attracting, developing and retaining staff from different backgrounds to contribute to inspirational learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society. To support and enable our staff to achieve a balance between work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.