Archive for November 2019

[Commlist] Call for Papers: Ethnomusicology Review Volume 23

Thu Nov 21 16:32:21 GMT 2019

/E//thnomusicology Review/ <http://ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu/> is now accepting submissions for Volume 23, scheduled for publication in Fall 2020. Starting as /Pacific Review of Ethnomusicology (PRE)/ in 1984, /Ethnomusicology Review/ is a refereed journal managed by UCLA graduate students and a faculty advisory board. We maintain an extensive editorial board and publish interdisciplinary music research in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, and other languages on a case-by-case basis.

Articles are well-developed essays of 4000-8000 words on topics related to musical practice, and will be subject to an extensive peer-review process prior to publication. These may be written from a variety of disciplinary perspectives including ethnomusicology, musicology, anthropology, sociology and cultural studies. Essays in languages other than English will be considered for publication but are encouraged to include an abstract written in English.

Our online format allows authors to rethink how they use media to present their argument and data, moving beyond the constraints of print journals. We encourage submissions that make use of video, audio, color photographs, and interactive media.

**The submission deadline is March, 23th 2020.**

Email submissions to (emreview /at/ ucla.edu) <mailto:(emreview /at/ ucla.edu)>.

Full guidelines for submission:
_ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu/submission-guidelines <http://ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu/submission-guidelines>_

Ethnomusicology Review
ethnomusicologyreview.org <http://ethnomusicologyreview.org>