Archive for November 2019

[Commlist] Multi Media Journalism Post

Wed Nov 13 11:36:17 GMT 2019

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts - Assistant Professor of English & Communications - Multimedia Journalism

Thank you for considering Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts in your search.
About Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts:
At MCLA, we're here for all - and focused on each - of our students. As a 2019 Top Ten Public College, classes are taught by educators who care deeply about teaching, and about seeing their students thrive on every level of their lives. Nearly 93% of our graduates land competitive jobs or are accepted by some of the best grad schools in the country. We engage in the most nationally relevant conversations by hosting some of the most celebrated thinkers and speakers on our campus in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, an area known for its mountain ranges, hiking trails, and panoramic views. Our home town of North Adams is brimming with young, creative energy and the regional economy is booming as a result. In nearly every way possible, the experience at MCLA is designed to elevate you as an individual, a leader, and a communicator, fully empowered to make your impression on the world.

Job Description:
The English & Communications Department of Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA), the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college, seeks candidates for a tenure-track appointment, Assistant Professor in Multimedia Journalism, to begin Sept. 1, 2020. The candidate will teach a 4-4 load within our new Communications major and the core curriculum. We seek candidates with a broad background in online and print journalism who can offer introductory and advanced production courses from a cultural studies perspective. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to help develop and teach a range of courses in convergent journalism and contribute to an evolving digital media curriculum that emphasizes exceptional writing, delivery skills, and intercultural communication. This position includes serving as an adviser to the campus student newspaper, The Beacon, and its online edition. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the business operations of a campus newspaper and the ability to supervise a student business and advertising sales staff. We welcome applications from candidates who have interests and expertise that will expand and enhance the diversity of courses and subjects we teach in the department. The ideal candidate will feature a pedagogy that affirms the diversity of our student body and the values of a public liberal arts college.

Requirements:
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in media, communications, journalism or a related field. ABDs with a firm date of completion will be considered. Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, or related design software is required. Professional journalism experience and knowledge of audio and visual production is strongly preferred.

Additional Information:
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.

Application Instructions:
Applicants should electronically submit the following materials: a cover letter that includes a brief statement of how your background, experience, and/or scholarship could contribute to the department's offerings; curriculum vita; statement of teaching philosophy; a writing sample of no more than 20 pages; and three letters of reference by clicking the APPLY NOW button. Review of applications will begin immediately. For best consideration, please submit all materials by December 15, 2019.

Please use the code below:
  Apply Link
 	http://mcla.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=116396
   Apply URL