Archive for June 2019

[Commlist] Call for Papers - PR/ism/

Fri Jun 07 11:19:46 GMT 2019

Call for Papers - PR/ism/
/
PR/ism/ is an open access peer-reviewed public relations and communication research journal (ISSN 1448-4404).  PR/ism/ is devoted to promoting the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars globally.

PR/ism/ was under the editorship of Elspeth Tilley from its foundation in 2003 until 2019 when the Center for Culture-Centered Approach to Research and Evaluation (CARE) at Massey University became the publisher of the journal. Mohan Dutta is the Director of CARE and the new Editorial Advisor of PR/ism. /Steve Elers is the new Editor.

*Call for Papers: Two issues in 2019*

_Special issue: "Indigenous theorizing: Voices and representation" Volume 15, Issue 1_

Due date: 12 August 2019 (to be published in December 2019)

In this special issue, we welcome rigorous and original contributions that explore Indigenous voice as a space for theorizing communication. We welcome submissions that examine Indigenous/First Nations as participants in the generation of transformative knowledge claims. This can include but is not limited to:

• Indigenous/First Nations communication practices (including traditional forms e.g. storytelling)
• Indigenous/First Nations activism for social justice
• Indigenous/First Nations struggles for voice and sovereignty
• The role of Indigenous/First Nations media for public communication
• Indigenous/First Nations organizational communication with publics/stakeholders • The use of social media by Indigenous/First Nations for public communication • The presentation of images, news and/or other information by Indigenous/First Nations
• Media representation of Indigenous/First Nations in public communication

We welcome original research, case studies, theoretical, conceptual and methodological papers relating to the topic. We encourage contributions from Indigenous/First Nations scholars.
_
General issue: Volume 15, Issue 2_

Due date: 12 August 2019 (to be published in December 2019)

In this general call for papers, we are seeking research manuscripts on public relations, but will also consider research from organizational communication, intercultural communication, media studies, journalism, interpersonal communication, organizational psychology, political science, marketing communication, social marketing, change communication, or any other relevant perspectives on the practice and study of public communication.

For more information visit www.prismjournal.org <http://www.prismjournal.org>