Archive for September 2018

[ecrea] Mediatization Studies CFP

Tue Sep 18 02:41:03 GMT 2018

Call for papers: “Mediatization Studies”, Vol. 3.

international journal “Mediatization Studies” is announcing call for papers for the new issue (Vol. 3. Autumn 2018). We are expecting papers that apply mediatization approach in its multiple dimensions, theoretically informed empirical works are especially welcomed.

“Mediatization Studies” is the first international journal entirely devoted to the mediatization process. We invite authors and papers from around the world that address one or more of the following key questions:

1)mediatization of politics (power), policymaking and political participation;

2)mediatization of popular culture and styles of life (transcultural and transnational  perspectives; mediatization in late modernity; changing social practices of media usage and mediatized practices of everyday life);

3)mediatization of religion in transnational and transcultural perspectives;

4)mediatization of business and marketing techniques;

5)understanding political, social and cultural change, using the lens of mediatization concept;

6)philosophy of media(tization) and mediatized communication: axiology, epistemology, and ontology of mediatized world(s);

7)media linguistics;

8)social change inspired by mediatisation;

9)media as political/cultural institutions;

10)media and constructivism: mediated reflection of the real world and the construction of reality (“pictures of the world in our heads”);

11)dynamics of mediatization processes in different geographical, political and cultural regions/environments (comparative mediatization research);

12)political economy of mediatization;

13)mediatization processes in historical perspective

More details can be found in the section Focus and scope:http://journals.umcs.pl/ms/about/editorialPolicies#focusAndScope)

To send the full version of the article the authors are asked to register on the journalweb page: http://journals.umcs.pl/ms/index

The deadline for full paper submissions is October the 31st2018.

We would be grateful if you could also forward this message to your colleagues, co-workers, PhD candidates and MA students.

“Mediatization Studies” Vol. 1. is available here: http://journals.umcs.pl/ms/issue/view/400/showToc

Editor: prof. dr hab. Iwona Hofman

Vice-editor: dr hab. Ewa Nowak-Teter, prof. UMCS

Editorial assistant: dr Wojciech Maguś

(mediatization.studies /at/ gmail.com)