Archive for July 2018

[ecrea] Executive Dean for the Faculty of Media & Communication, Bournemouth University

Thu Jul 26 22:40:07 GMT 2018

*Executive Dean for the Faculty of Media & Communication*
Bournemouth University

*Closing date:* Friday, September 28, 2018 - midnight
*Please quote reference:* FMC136
*Interview date:* Monday, November 26, 2018

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/executive-dean-faculty-media-communication

Bournemouth University’s vision is worldwide recognition as a leading university for inspiring learning, advancing knowledge and enriching society through the fusion of education, research and practice. Our highly skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the globe, who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences that help to build our global learning community.

As we launch our BU2025 strategic plan and drive excellence through our approach to fusion, we are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader for the Faculty of Media & Communication, to shape and embed the Faculty’s strategy and contribution to Bournemouth University’s continued growth in research and commitment to an excellent student experience.

The award winning Faculty currently comprises of 4,000 students and more than 250 academic staff across five Departments:

  * Computer Animation
  * Corporate and Marketing Communications
  * Journalism, English & Communication
  * Media Production
  * Law

The Faculty considers itself to be the number one destination for the study of creative media in the United Kingdom, based on an unbeatable combination of top quality education, world leading research and industry standard professional practice. The departmental structure is designed to provide a platform for future growth in areas of cross-disciplinary research and new course offerings for undergraduate and postgraduate students.

The Faculty already has a thriving academic portfolio, and has enjoyed strong growth in student numbers and research across a wide range of disciplines. The Faculty continues to build on its strong research reputation in Media underlined in REF 2014. It is now extending its work in Law, Education and across other disciplines in preparation for REF 2021.

Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, you will be a member of the University Leadership Team. You will lead the Faculty by providing strong academic, strategic, planning and operational leadership to the Faculty Executive Team and across the Faculty to deliver an excellent student experience through the fusion of education, research and practice.

You will be able to demonstrate a strong publication record and evidence of esteem in a professional context, have significant experience of strategic leadership, and possess the ability to foster collaborative working internally and externally.

For further information about the role and details about how to apply, please refer to the website of Witt Kieffer International quoting reference code 15950: http://wittkiefferinternational.com/portfolio/executive-dean-faculty-of-media-communication/

Applications should be received by Friday 28 September 2018.

Informal meetings for longlisted candidates will be held on Wednesday 17 October 2018 and final interviews will be held on Monday 26 November 2018.

BU is an equal opportunities employer which values a diverse workforce. We provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can fulfil their potential. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in inspirational learning, world-class research and the latest thinking.  We provide a powerful fusion of research, education and practice, creating a unique academic experience.