Archive for July 2018

[ecrea] CfP: “New Media and Digital Inclusion: Embracing the 4th Industrial Revolution” Search conference

Thu Jul 19 10:33:59 GMT 2018

*_THE 6TH INTERNATIONAL SEARCH CONFERENCE 2019: CALL FOR PAPERS_*

The South East Asia Research Centre for Communication and Humanities (SEARCH) managed by the School of Communication, FASS, Taylor’s University, cordially invites you to participate in our upcoming conference which will be held on  27-28 June 2019 at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus, Malaysia.

/Updates to Call for Papers: (1) Pre-Conference Postgraduate Colloquium; (2) Abstract submission deadline by 31 October 2018./

We would truly appreciate your kind assistance in extending this call for paper invitation to other interested acquaintances.

Full details are provided below.

**

**

**

**

*THE 6^th INTERNATIONAL SEARCH CONFERENCE 2019*

*27 & 28 June 2019*

*Taylor’s University, Lakeside Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia*

**

*Theme: *

*“New Media and Digital Inclusion: Embracing the 4^th Industrial Revolution”*

*
*

**

*_THE CONFERENCE_*

We welcome research that focuses on the conference theme – *“New Media and Digital Inclusion: Embracing the 4^th Industrial Revolution”*. **

**

*Publication opportunities *

·The 6^th International SEARCH Conference Proceedings (with ISBN) will be published and submitted to several indexing partners like EBSCOhost and Malaysian Citation Index (MyCite).

·Selected papers will be published in the special issue of the /SEARCH Journal/ (SCOPUS-indexed).

·Other selected papers will be organised according to themes and published in books.

**

*Best paper awards *

·Best paper award for academics (RM1,000 prize money and a certificate) and emerging scholars/postgraduate students (RM500 prize money and a certificate) will be conferred at the conference.

**

*Abstracts submission *

·Abstracts of not more than 150 words should be submitted through the SEARCH Conference abstract submission link (https://goo.gl/Borqvo) and by email to Dr. Nurzihan Hassim ((search /at/ taylors.edu.my) <mailto:(search /at/ taylors.edu.my)>) by 31 October 2018. Abstracts should include the title, research objective, methods, key findings, conclusion and maximum five keywords.

·Kindly include the author’s title, name, affiliation, email address and a short biographical note (about 50 words in length) after the abstract.

**

*Conference fees***

*Participation Types*

*Early Bird*
/(Oral presentation)/

*Standard Rate*
/(Oral presentation)/

*Poster*

*Local*

Standard

RM 1000

RM 1200

RM 800

Non-Taylor's University Students

RM 550

RM 500

Taylor's University Students

RM 350

*International*

Standard

USD 380

USD 450

USD 250

Students

USD 250

USD 250

*_PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP: POSTGRADUTE COLLOQUIUM _*

**

We invite all postgraduate students to participate in the Postgraduate Colloquium, which will be held on 26 June 2019 at Taylor’s University, Lakeside Campus, Kuala Lumpur. The goal of the colloquium is to provide postgraduate students with a supportive and critical learning opportunity to discuss their work in progress and to receive feedback and guidance from senior scholars.

*Colloquium Fees*

**

*For local students from institutions in Malaysia*

*Participants***

*Rate*

Non-Taylor’s University Students

RM80.00

Taylor’s University Students

RM60.00

*For international students*

*Participants***

*Rate*

International Students

USD20.00

*Important Dates *

**

Abstract submission deadline

:

Notification of accepted abstract

:

Full paper submission deadline

:

Early bird deadline

:

Registration deadline

:

Pre-conference workshop: Postgraduate Students Colloquium

:

Conference date

:

27 & 28 June 2019

For conference and colloquium registration form and regular updates, please refer to http://search.taylors.edu.my.

For enquiries about the SEARCH Conference, please email Ms. Jenny Heng at (jenny.heng /at/ taylors.edu.my) <mailto:(jenny.heng /at/ taylors.edu.my)>.

For enquiries about Postgraduate Colloquium, please email Ms. Suzanne Tan at (SerZian.Tan /at/ taylors.edu.my) <mailto:(SerZian.Tan /at/ taylors.edu.my)>.