Archive for July 2018

[ecrea] Programme for Preconference on Audiences, Datafication and the Everyday at ECC Lugano

Mon Jul 09 10:05:45 GMT 2018

Registration for non-presenting speakers is now open for  "Audiences, Datafication and the Everyday"- the pre-conference for ECREA Lugano being hosted by the Audience and Reception Studies Division of ECREA. Key speakers for the plenary roundtable include - Hallvard Moe, Anne Kaun, Sonia Livingstone, Aristea Fotopoulou, Anne Mollen. The full programme is available on this link: _https://datafication2018.wordpress.com/programme-and-speakers/_. A variety of fields have started critically examining what van Dijck (2014) has termed dataism, and the logic and consequences of big data in contemporary societies. This preconference aims to critically assess the repertories and readiness of audience studies – from its long histories of empirical interest in everyday practices and literacies – to chart out a roadmap for the field in the specific contexts that datafication presents. What empirical ambitions shall we pursue at the intersections of datafication and everyday life? What methodological approaches shall we adopt? Extending Sonia Livingstone’s now classical 2004 question, we ask – What is the audience researcher to do in a datafied age?
Preconference Website: _https://datafication2018.wordpress.com/_