Archive for July 2017

[ecrea] CFP Filmmaker's theory

Thu Jul 06 21:55:10 GMT 2017

CALL -*FILMMAKER'S THEORY, VOL. 3 – REVISITING FILM THEORY*

Filmmaker’s reflection about their own artworks or about cinema has been constant in the history of the cinematographic art. This book seeks to highlight those reflections bringing them to the center of cinema’s theory, that is, filmmaker’s though should be put in dialogue with concepts and themes central to cinema theory. Summing up we intend to rethink cinema theories. We propose to extend the concept of the “filmmaker” to cover not only the director, but everyone involved in the filmmaking process with original and stimulating reflections on cinema. Furthermore, we expect book chapters to find a balance between bibliographic references from scientific scopus and interviews, statements or any written text by the filmmakers. Likewise, filmography is expected to bring a fundamental support to chapter's arguments.

Suggested Themes:

 1. Cinema and other arts
 2. Cinematic narrative
 3. Film, reality and truth
 4. Concepts concerning the relation between image and sound
 5. Movements or cinematic schools
 6. Film genres
 7. Types of editing
 8. The figure of the spectator
 9. Auteur theory
10. Ideas on technology
11. Concepts regarding artistic direction
12. Film and ideology
13. Film adaptations
14. Production and exhibition
15. Artistic prestige