Archive for July 2017

[ecrea] Doctoral grant in fashion and gender studies at the University of Antwerp

Wed Jul 05 15:39:28 GMT 2017

Doctoral grant in fashion and gender studies at the University of Antwerp

For the project ‘Queering Masculinities: The Antwerp Fashion Scene’, we seek a PhD student to investigate the role of Belgian men’s fashion in the redefinition of masculinities. We want to study how the creative practices of a cohort of designers from the ‘Antwerp fashion scene’ made an impact beyond the world of fashion, by presenting alternative versions of masculinity. In order to do this, we will analyze their collections, using archival research, visual analysis and interviews. More information on the project can be found here: www.uantwerpen.be/queering-masculinities <http://www.uantwerpen.be/queering-masculinities>

*Job description*

·You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of gender and fashion studies.

·You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment.

·You contribute to teaching and research in the Media, Policy & Culture research group, in the Department of Communication Studies.

*Profile and requirements*

·You hold a master degree in social sciences, media studies, gender studies or fashion studies.

·You can submit outstanding academic results.

·Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.

·Foreign candidates are encouraged to apply.

·Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy <https://www.uantwerp.be/en/about-uantwerp/mission-vision/three-core-tasks/research/>.

·You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.

·You speak and write fluently in English.

·You have a strong affinity with the fields of fashion and gender and/or masculinity studies.

·You have experience in visual analysis and other qualitative methods of analysis.

To apply: https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/jobs/vacancies/ap/2017bapdocproex199/