Archive for November 2016

[ecrea] Resource of interest - Archive of tar sands/ oil sands promotional material: Mediatoil.ca

Sat Nov 19 18:47:51 GMT 2016

I wanted to share an online resource I have been working on over the last couple. The Mediatoil project is a searchable and interactive publicly available database of oil sands / tar sands promotional material. From print ads to videos ads to report covers and facts, we have gathered all the material we could find across stakeholders in order to explore the evolution of how Canada's bitumen sands have been framed/sold/resisted by industry/First Nations/NGO and government.

In August 2016, the project was announced as the winner of SSHRC/Compute Canada' "Human Dimensions of Open Data Challenge" and the resource is now live and open to the public at www.mediatoil.ca <http://www.mediatoil.ca>

As always questions, comments, feedback, missing items and errors are welcome.

Patrick McCurdy, Ph.D.
Associate Professor / Professeure agrégé
Department of Communication / Département de communication
University of Ottawa / Université d'Ottawa
55 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, ON
K1N 6N5
<(Patrick.McCurdy /at/ uottawa.ca)>