Archive for September 2015

[ecrea] Vacancy - Program Director for New Spanish-language Journalism Initiative

Mon Sep 28 19:38:44 GMT 2015

    Seeking Program Director for New Spanish-language Journalism Initiative

*Program Director, Spanish-language Journalism*

The CUNY Graduate School of Journalism seeks a full-time program
director for its new Spanish-language journalism initiative. The program
director should have a passion for creating a world-class graduate
program aimed at bilingual journalists who want to serve the Hispanic
media market in the U.S.

The program director will be responsible for:

* Designing the curriculum of the school’s new Spanish-language program
* Identifying and recruiting appropriate faculty to teach the courses
* Administering the admissions process for student applicants to the program
* Teaching at least one course in Spanish in the program
* Working with the school’s Career Services office to identify potential
summer internships and future career opportunities for students in the
program
* Assisting the school’s development office with fundraising for
scholarships for the program
* Assisting the school’s marketing director with the marketing of the
program
* Working with the school’s Student Services office to ensure student
success in the program

The ideal candidate will:

* Be fully bilingual with excellent written, oral and reading skills in
both English and Spanish
* Have at least five years of recent journalism experience, with a
particular emphasis on the Hispanic media market in the U.S.
* Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree; a post-graduate degree is desirable
* Have recent experience teaching in a journalism program, preferably at
the graduate level
* Have strong management and organizational abilities
* Have a track record as a collaborative employee
* Have a demonstrated record of entrepreneurialism

This full-time position will begin Jan. 1, 2016. The salary will be
commensurate with experience. The position reports to Associate Dean
Andrew Mendelson of the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism. In this
initial stage, the position is grant-funded, and there is no underlying
professor title or tenure associated with it.

Candidates who are interested in the position should send a cover letter
explaining their qualifications, along with a resume, three samples of
professional work written in Spanish, and the names and contact
information of three references to (cunysoj.search /at/ journalism.cuny.edu)
<mailto:(cunysoj.search /at/ journalism.cuny.edu)> and put “Spanish-language
program director” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is
Oct. 19, 2015.

Launched in 2006 in the heart of Times Square, the CUNY Graduate School
of Journalism has risen rapidly to rank among the top journalism schools
in the country, while maintaining a startup culture grounded in core
journalistic values. We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic
community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities
and veterans to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and
continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. We are an
EO/AA employer.

More info
http://www.journalism.cuny.edu/2015/09/seeking-program-director-for-new-spanish-language-journalism-initiative/

--
Tania Lucía Cobos
Doctoranda del Programa de Comunicación y Periodismo