Archive for September 2013

[ecrea] Rock and Roll War Correspondents

Tue Sep 24 09:06:59 GMT 2013

Several of you have noted over the years that my ethnography of war
correspondents should be more widely available. I am pleased to let you
know that it has been re-issued as an ebook. The Kindle
version<http://www.amazon.com/War-Stories-Culture-Foreign-Correspondents/dp/0415911249>
 is $16.

As long as I am engaged in PR, I'd like to bring my more recent
ethnographic work to your attention: Ecomusicology: Rock, Folk, and the
Environment<http://www.amazon.com/Ecomusicology-Rock-Environment-Mark-Pedelty/dp/1439907129/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379690036&sr=8-1&keywords=ecomusicology>
 (2012).

Finally, some of you might be interested in Political
Rock<http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409446224>,
a volume I edited along with Kristine Weglarz. It is currently an absurd
$89 in hardback. However, a student discount code (A13HXJ50) cuts that
price in half (and aren't we all students in one way or another?). If the
topic appeals, perhaps ask your library to order a copy?

Pardon the promotions. The members of this list have been central to my
research and writing, so I wanted to share these while still relevant.

Sincerely,

Mark Pedelty

Associate Professor of Communication Studies
Resident Fellow, Institute on the Environment
Affiliate Faculty of Anthropology
University of Minnesota