Archive for June 2013

[ecrea] Post-Doctoral Researcher opportunity

Thu Jun 27 07:03:39 GMT 2013

Post-doctoral Researcher: Pedagogy and Social Media

(Paul Hamlyn Foundation funded project).

Ravensbourne is exceptional. A world-class digital destination developing talented individuals and leading edge businesses though learning, skills, applied research, enterprise and innovation. We are based at Greenwich Peninsula in an iconic building next to The O2. Our aim is to become a portal for talent across London driving growth in the knowledge economy and creative industries.

We are looking to strengthen our team with the following appointment:

POST – DOCTORAL RESEARCHER (12 WEEK CONTRACT, 2-3 DAYS A WEEK)

Salary: circa £800 per calendar month

We are seeking a Post-Doctoral Researcher to provide research and administrative support for an applied research project funded by the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, The Shift. The project explores how to engage young people not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETS) back into informal/formal work, informal/formal training OR informal/formal education. Young participants will explore a conversational online learning environment which teaches web skills through the making of a personal website.

The online learning platform (‘The Shift’) is driven by pattern-matching databases and served to learners as a responsive user-interface, able to respond to conversation and chat. Users progress, networks, and identity are articulated within drag-able widgets offering a level of personalisation. We will incorporate elements of gamification in the form of motivations and rewards for learners.

We need a strong researcher/administrator for the project, for a twelve week period who will assist us to run the final segment of work - an Alpha and Beta test, and co-ordinate participants. You will be able to contribute to the design of the platform, access previously collected data, collect data for further analysis, and engage in dissemination of findings. You are likely to have a track record in publishing and researching in pedagogy, online community, or social media. You will be able to work from home or your location, and have flexibility in your working week. There will be a high level of liaison with the Principal Investigators (Professor Lizzie Jackson and Phil Hall).

Closing date: Thursday 5 July 2013

Interviews: Friday 12 July 2013

To apply:

(w) http://careers.rave.ac.uk

For further details:

(e) (careers /at/ rave.ac.uk)                    (t) 020 3040 3622

We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community in our desire to reflect the diversity of the community we serve.

Lizzie

--
Professor Lizzie Jackson,
Academic Development Manager: Applied Research and

M: [ removed ]
Skype:  london-lizzie.jackson
http://rave.academia.edu/LizzieJackson