Archive for June 2013

[ecrea] Networks of Disorder

Wed Jun 05 15:22:44 GMT 2013

This was my latest collective project, which maybe of interest to some people as the cfp went out on this list; a special edition of the journal Global Networks. I'm afraid people  might need access to a university library which carries 'wiley online library' to get it, but if you write to me, i can at least send you my articles.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/glob.2013.13.issue-3/issuetoc

Disordering network theory: an introduction (pages 279–289)
JONATHAN PAUL MARSHALL and JAMES GOODMAN

The information society: permanent crisis through the (dis)ordering of networks (pages 290–309)
JONATHAN PAUL MARSHALL

The tangled hydra: developments in transglobal peer-to-peer culture (pages 310–329)
FRANCESCA DA RIMINI

Nonlinear causality in Castells's network society: disorder as problem and opportunity under globalization (pages 330–344)
BOB HODGE

Humanitarian collective security: restoring order? (pages 345–362)
JAMES GOODMAN

Second Italy: distance education in a Second-Life international studies project (pages 363–376)
ILARIA VANNI

‘Disorderly conduct’: on the unruly rules of public communication in social network sites (pages 377–390)
ELKE WAGNER and MARTIN STEMPFHUBER

Worlds to endure: weathering disorder from Arnhem Land to Chicago (pages 391–409)
JEREMY WALKER

Democracy or autonomy? Indymedia and the contradictions of global social movement networks (pages 410–424)
TODD WOLFSON