Archive for June 2013

[ecrea] SL post in Media Management at University of Westminster

Tue Jun 04 13:42:53 GMT 2013

University of Westminster
ABOUT US
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES

Senior Lecturer in Media Management (Full time or Part time)
Ref. 50035927

Salary: £45,156 - £51,636 per annum (incl. L.W.A, Full-time)
Department: Dept of Journalism&  Mass Communications, School of Media Arts&  Design
Location: Harrow Site, Middlesex with regular travel to China
Have you the vision for how tomorrow's media companies will be managed? Are you interested in teaching post-graduate students in both the UK and China, the world's fastest growing economy?

Westminster University's highly successful MA in Media Management teaches professionals to tackle the business challenges facing media enterprises. We are now looking to recruit to our team an individual who can teach and research in both the United Kingdom and China.

The Senior Lecturer will help deliver (and develop) modules on the MA in Media Management and on other postgraduate and undergraduate courses in the School of Media, Arts and Design.

The successful candidate (s) will have an established profile in teaching and academic research on media management or a strong background in media business and an ability to apply that to teaching postgraduate students. They will  be expected to identify areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement.

The new post will contribute to teaching in China and help provide cover for other members of staff involved in developing and delivering media education and research with Chinese academic partners. Along with current staff, the appointee will be expected to make a number of short visits to China each year to contribute to our MA in Global Media Business to be partly taught in Beijing. They will also have the opportunity to work with academic and industry partners in other parts of China.

The successful candidate will be a member of the internationally-rated Communication and Media Research Institute (CAMRI). In the most recent research assessment exercise CAMRI was rated as the best media and communication research centre in the UK.
http://www.westminster.ac.uk/schools/media/camri

Candidates for the post should be able to make a major contribution to the development of media management, a substantial area in our research profile. This will include conducting individual or collaborative scholarly activity and identifying sources of funding for individual and collaborative activities.

The School will consider splitting the post and will consider 0.5 fractional applications.
Part time Salary: £22,578 - £25,818 (0.5 FTE, 17.5 hours per week incl. LWA)

For an informal discussion on the post contact: Charles Brown, Course Leader, Media (Managementbrownch /at/ westminster.ac.uk)  tel: 020 7911 5000  x4283

Reference number: 50035927

Closing date: 25 June 2013

Interviews are likely to be held week commencing: 8 July 2013

Administrative contact (for queries only):(Recruitment /at/ westminster.ac.uk)

Please note: We are unable to accept any applications by email. All applications must be made online. CVs in isolation or incomplete application forms will also not be accepted.