Archive for September 2010

[ecrea] call for paper- Brazilian Journalism Research

Mon Sep 06 08:26:40 GMT 2010

>CALL FOR PAPER  BRAZILIAN JOURNALISM RESEARCH  BJR

>Volume 6, number 2, 2010

>Diversity of journalism research works: multiple
>perspectives, possible dialogues

>This edition of BJR is devoted to the diversity
>of approaches to journalism as a subject for
>study and a social practice, from a critical and
>analytical perspective.  Articles which will be
>of interest for this edition are those that seek
>to question and go deeply into theoretical
>issues, show the results of empirical research
>works and establish dialogues with other areas
>of knowledge capable of contributing to the
>comprehension of the discipline´s singularities
>and of the contemporary professional practice of
>journalism. This edition intends to bring
>together works which can express critical
>thought regarding different forms of management,
>production, circulation and consumption of
>information, taking into consideration the
>impact of technologies on the production
>routines, the hybri dization of styles and
>languages in the construction of narratives and
>the current reconfigurations of journalistic mediation.

>Brazilian Journalism Research  BJR  has had a
>Portuguese version since the second semester of 2008.
> >

>Authors should send the articles in two versions
>(English and Portuguese).  BJR is a semiannual
>scientific magazine of the SBPJor  Brazilian
>Association of Journalism Researchers.  For
>more information regarding the SBPJor, visit our
>site (<http://www.sbpjor.org.br/>www.sbpjor.org.br).

>Articles: They should be originals in English
>and Portuguese.  The authors should send them
>in accordance with the magazine´s system to the
>following electronic addresses:
><mailto:(beatrizbecker /at/ uol.com.br)>(beatrizbecker /at/ uol.com.br),
><mailto:(tattianat /at/ gmail.com)>(tattianat /at/ gmail.com).
>and <mailto:(fernandoresende1501 /at/ gmail.com)>(fernandoresende1501 /at/ gmail.com).
>
>Each one of the two versions of the article
>(English and Portuguese) should have around 7
>thousand words and should be typed in double
>space.  Send a separate page with the title of
>the article and the author´s name and identification.
>
>Each article should contain:
>
>On a separate page, write the title, subtitle
>and the complete name of the author(s) with the
>current residential and electronic addresses.
>
>- Send an abstract with 100-150 words and five key words.
>
>- Send on a separate page a biographical note with up to five lines.
>
>- The article should contain 7 thousand words,
>with introduction and section titles in italics which should not be numbered.
>
>- Notes should be placed at the end, before the bibliographic references.
>
>- The references and the notes should be
>mentioned in the text (author, date, page).
>
>- Charts, figures, photos and illustrations
>should be of good quality, consecutively numbered and clearly identified.
>
>Copyright permissions: the authors are
>responsible for obtaining copyright permissions
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885