Archive for August 2010

[ecrea] TOC: Critical Arts: South-North Cultural and Media Studies, - July 2010

Mon Aug 23 19:34:14 GMT 2010

Critical Arts: a journal of south-north cultural and media studies
Volume 24 (2), July 2010

Articles

‘New’ paradigms, ‘new’ theory and four priorities for South African
mass communication and media research.
Pieter J. Fourie ~173

‘We want to see something different (but not too different)’: spatial
politics and the Pink Loerie Mardi Gras in Knysna'
Theo Sonnekus~192

Representation and misrepresentation: San regional advocacy and the
global imagery. Michael Francis and Suzanne Francis~210‘Sex is not
something we talk about, its something we do’: using drama to engage
youth in sexuality, relationship and HIV education.
Dennis A. Francis~228

The everyday experience of xenophobia: performing The Crossing from
Zimbabwe to South Africa.
Miki Flockemann, Kudzayi Ngara, Wahseema Roberts and Andrea Castle~245

How to honour a woman: gendered memorialisation in post-apartheid South
Africa.
Sabine Marschall~260

Under Fire EssayFrom May shame to 2030 or there about: a tale of
xenophobia, Zimbabwe and fictive identities.
Nhamo Anthony Mhiripiri~284

Book Review EssayAfrican film and literature: adapting violence to the
screen.
David Kerr ~298

Critical Arts: A Journal of South-North Cultural Studies
c/o The centre for Communication, Media and Society
Universityof KwaZulu-Natal, Durban 4041, South Africa
(Ph) +27 (0)31 2602505
(Fax) +27 (0)31 2601519
(e-mail)  (tomasell /at/ ukzn.ac.za)

http://ccms.ukzn.ac.za ( http://ccms.ukzn.ac.za/ )