Archive for August 2010

[ecrea] CSAA Annual Conference Byron Bay: PG & ECR Day

Thu Aug 19 06:21:09 GMT 2010

>Cultural Studies Association of Australasia
>Postgraduate & ECR Pre-Conference Day
>
>Join other Postgrads and Early Career Researchers (ECRs) from around
>Australasia for a great
>day of networking, professional development and stimulating conversation
>on 6 December 2010 (immediately prior to the CSAA National
>Conference from 7-9 Dec).
>
>The day will be a great opportunity to share research ideas and
>interests in a supportive
>collegial atmosphere, discuss the challenges Postgrads and ECRs are
>facing in a rapidly
>changing academic world, connect with senior scholars in the field
>and establish ongoing
>networks that will sustain us into the future.
>
>The Postgrad & ECR Day is free and fully catered (lunch + morning
>and afternoon tea)
>and located right in the heart of beautiful Byron Bay.
>
>There are limited spaces available, so make sure you register asap
>through the conference website:
>http://www.scu.edu.au/research/cpsj/asa/registration.html
>
>Come along, have a great time and join the main conference already
>knowing some of your fellow travellers!
>
>For questions contact Soenke Biermann: (soenke.biermann /at/ scu.edu.au) or
>(02)6620 3936.
>

>*********************************************************************************
>
>CSAA Conference Bursaries for Postgrads/ECRs
>(Supported by the ARC Cultural Research Network)
>
>Are you a Postgraduate Student or Early Career Researcher (ECR)
>interested in attending the CSAA PG Day and Conference from 6-9
>December 2010, but having difficulty finding the funds to do so?
>
>   Apply for a bursary through our website:
> https://scuau.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9TUOb3HsG3k0LvC
>(if the link doesn't work, copy and paste into your browser window)
>
>We will accept Bursary
>applications until Friday, 27 August 2010.
>
>For questions contact Nigel Hayes: (nigel.hayes /at/ scu.edu.au)

>A Scholarly Affair (CSAA National Conference 2010)
>http://www.scu.edu.au/research/cpsj/asa/index.html

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885