Archive for August 2010

[ecrea] INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON PUBLIC -- PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP: REGIONAL AND GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE

Wed Aug 11 15:32:51 GMT 2010

>Call for Papers
>INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
>
>PUBLIC ­ PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP: REGIONAL AND GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
>February 2 -  4, 2011
>
>Venue:  Kigali  Serena Hotel, Kigali - Rwanda
>
>The role of Public Private Partnership (PPP) models for designing,
>building and financing infrastructure development in many countries around
>the world is increasing. In order to better assess the opportunities of
>implementing such models in Rwanda and other East African Community (EAC)
>member states, the School of Finance and Banking (SFB), London
>Metropolitan University Business School (UK), VIT University (India) and
>the in partnership with the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) plan to
>organise an International Conference as a thought-provoking event to
>jump-start the development of PPP in this region.
>Whereas in developed countries public-private partnerships are now a
>proven method of providing new infrastructure and addressing
>infrastructure repair backlog by utilising the expertise and capital
>available from the private sector, in developing countries this method is
>just being considered in some countries, or not yet thought of in others.
>Yet most of these countries are facing a growing infrastructure investment
>deficit, which results in lack of new infrastructure, deterioration of
>existing infrastructure and escalating costs since the longer roads and
>buildings remain in a state of disrepair, the higher the costs to
>refurbish or replace.
>Conference objectives:
>1.      To introduce PPP as a new mechanism in public sector management
>2.      To explore ways how PPP can act as a
>fundamental catalyst for sustained
>growth and economic development in the region
>3.      To assess project management skills required to successfully complete
>PPP projects
>4.      To consider the development of region-specific PPP models outside of
>typical western models
>5.      To examine region-specific challenges in the development of a viable
>PPP sector
>6.      To share best practices from various industry experts who have been
>involved in successful PPP projects
>
>The Conference addresses the following broad Issues:
>"       Why public and private sectors need each other?
>"       Current demands of Public Resource Management
>"       The Infrastructure Investment Deficit in Rwanda & other EAC Countries
>"       The deficit of conventional approaches to infrastructure development
>"       Labour issues in PPP: Effective employee transition
>"       Developing Value for Money measurement criteria
>"       Effective allocation of project risks
>"       The role of financial institutions in PPP
>"       PPP in different Sectors: Challenges and opportunities
>"       Any other related topics
>Guidelines for Submission of Abstract and Full Paper

> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885