Archive for August 2010

[ecrea] Postdoctoral/Faculty position - U of Minnesota

Tue Aug 10 20:27:27 GMT 2010

>  COMMUNICATION STUDIES position
>UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, Twin Cities
>
>Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication Studies,
>College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus.
>Full-time, nine-month tenure-track appointment beginning Fall 2012,
>preceded by a one-year appointment as a Pre- or Post-doctoral Fellow
>to begin fall 2011 (8/29/2011).
>
>Under the aegis of the Faculty of Color Bridge Program in the Office
>of the Vice President & Vice Provost for Equity & Diversity, the
>Postdoctoral Fellowship for Increasing Faculty Diversity aims to
>attract highly qualified, emerging scholars to the University of
>Minnesota by providing one-year appointments as a pre- or
>post-doctoral fellow, prior to transitioning into faculty positions in
>the host department. Additional information about the Faculty of Color
>Bridge Program may be found online
>(http://www.academic.umn.edu/equity/bridge_programs.html).
>
>The College of Liberal Arts encourages candidates of color from groups
>in the United States underrepresented on the faculty of the University
>of Minnesota to apply for this position, including African American,
>Asian, Pacific Islander, American Indian, Alaskan Native, and
>Chicana(o)/Latina(o).
>
>Qualifications
>Ph.D. in communication or related discipline completed by date of
>appointment as Postdoctoral Fellow preferred. Ph.D. in hand at the
>time of appointment as assistant professor is required. Significant
>progress toward completion of Ph.D. required for pre-doctoral
>appointment. Excellent academic preparation, qualifying candidate for
>undergraduate and graduate teaching in critical approaches to
>communication studies.
>
>We seek candidates who enhance the department's commitment to
>diversity and is capable of supporting offerings in critical
>communication studies. We are especially interested in candidates who
>specialize in rhetorical studies, particularly the history of race and
>civil rights in U.S. public discourse. Candidates whose research
>focuses on critical media studies or other areas of rhetorical studies
>are also welcome.
>
>Interest and ability to work collaboratively with other programs and
>departments, such as the School of Journalism and Mass Communication,
>Cultural Studies, Writing Studies, or appropriate units concerned with
>ethnic studies, is desirable. A joint appointment with another unit
>within the College is possible.
>
>Candidates will be evaluated according to the overall quality of their
>academic preparation, the relevance of their research to the
>department's academic priorities and the field of inquiry, evidence of
>commitment to teaching and skills as a teacher, and strength of
>recommendations.
>
>Duties & Responsibilities
>As a Fellow, the appointee will be expected to establish an
> [...]

New Book:
Trans-Reality Television
The Transgression of Reality, Genre, Politics, and Audience.
Lexington. (Sofie Van Bauwel & Nico Carpentier eds.)
http://www.lexingtonbooks.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0739131885