Archive for July 2010

[ecrea] Educational Futures Seminar 5th July 2010 - streaming

Fri Jul 02 14:29:05 GMT 2010

For anyone unable to attend our 3rd Seminar in the ESRC Educational Futures Seminar Series on 5th July, this is to let you know that the seminars will be streamed live over the web. Below are instructions and links for joining the webcast. I also attach a flyer and a copy of the programme for your information.

If you are unable to attend in person, the seminars will be streamed live over the web. To access the stream, please use the following link: mms://resources.lsri.nottingham.ac.uk/lsriseminar

The above is only live during webcasts and cannot be accessed at other times. You can run a test by trying one of our archived streams:

mms://resources.lsri.nottingham.ac.uk/Seminar_Archive/Tim_Jay180510.wmv - either click on this link or paste into your preferred media player (Open URL...)

You will need a media player capable of MMS RTSP such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer or VLC.

VLC is an Open Source Media Player and can be downloaded for multiple operating systems (Win/MAC/Linux etc) from here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

 Quicktime on a MAC can be used but may need installation of the MS media components:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=915D874D-D747-4180-A400-5F06B1B5E559&displaylang=en

 If you wish to ask a question please add (LSRI /at/ nottingham.ac.uk) to your IM client (MSN, Windows Live, Messenger:mac or Yahoo! Messenger). Questions will be relayed into the session at the appropriate time.

 If you need technical assistance we will do what we can to help – please email (lsri-tech /at/ nottingham.ac.uk)

Barbara Ashcroft
Research Administrator
Institute of Education
Manchester Metropolitan University