Archive for June 2005

[eccr] Werner Herzog's Cinema: Between the Visionary and the Documentary

Sat Jun 25 09:27:40 GMT 2005

>WERNER HERZOG'S CINEMA: BETWEEN THE VISIONARY AND THE DOCUMENTARY
>
>Conference 16 ­ 18 September
>At the Goethe-Institut, 50 Princes Gate, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2PH
>Organised by the University of Kent and the Goethe-Institut London
>Screenings 12 ­ 22 September at the Goethe-Institut and the Institut
>français (Cine Lumière)
>
>Keynote Speakers:
>Timothy Corrigan (University of Pennsylvania), Alan Singer (Temple
>University), Erica Carter (Warwick University), Thomas Elsaesser
>(University of Amsterdam)
>
>Panel Speakers:
>Martin Brady and Helen Hughes (Kings College and University of Surrey),
>Dana Benelli (Illinois State University), Chris Hammond (MOT Gallery),
>Daniel Herbert (University of Southern California), Roger Hillman
>(Australian National University), John Hookham and Gary MacLennan
>(Queensland University of Technology), Carlos Kase (University of Southern
>California), Lúcia Nagib (University of Leeds), Silke Panse (University of
>Kent), Brad Prager (University of Missouri), Paul N. Reinsch (University
>of Southern California), Christian Schmitt (University of Münster), André
>Singer (West Park Pictures Ltd), Guido Vitiello (University of Florence)
>
>The conference will take place Saturday 17 morning to Sunday 18 September
>2005 evening.  For Friday 16 evening, Werner Herzog has been invited to
>take part in an on-stage discussion with Professor Thomas Elsaesser
>(University of Amsterdam). We very much hope that his filming schedule
>will permit him to join us for the evening of 16 September followed by the
>UK premiere of his latest film. In addition to the screenings, a selection
>of Herzogs documentary and fiction films is being co-sponsored by the
>Goethe-Institut and the Institute français. From 12 September, the
>Goethe-Institut will screen a range of Werner Herzogs documentaries.
>Starting at the weekend of the conference, the Institute français will
>screen a selection of Herzogs fiction films.
>
>Conference programme and registration details:
>www.kent.ac.uk/kiash/herzog  I (herzogdocs /at/ kent.ac.uk)
>Goethe-Institut cinema programme and booking:
>www.goethe.de/london  I T +44 (0) 2075964000
>Institut français cinema programme and booking:
>www.institut-francais.org.uk I (box.office /at/ institut-francais.org.uk)  I T
>+44 (0) 2070731350
>
>Early registration is recommended as there is a limited number of spaces.
>
>Conference Organiser: Silke Panse (University of Kent)
>
>Advisory Board and Organising Committee: Elizabeth Cowie (University of
>Kent), Catherine Grant (University of Kent), Silke Panse (University of
>Kent),  Julian Preece (University of Kent), Michael Renov (University of
>Southern California)

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info