Archive for May 2005

[eccr] RADIO 2005: JULY 11-14, MELBOURNE

Mon May 16 09:17:52 GMT 2005

>The Radio Conference 2005
>Organised by RMIT, Melbourne and La Trobe Universities, and to be held at
>Storey Hall RMIT University 11 to 14 July 2005.
>
>We have over 100 papers so far, with participants from over 20 nations -
>including Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, France,
>Germany, UK, USA, Mexico, Bolivia, Canada, Ghana, South Africa, Zambia,
>India, Pakistan, Nepal, China, Malaysia and the Philippines.
>
>There are very strong streams of papers in radio history, radio and
>development, radio policy, community radio, radio's digital and other futures.
>
>Keynote addresses from Michele Hilmes (University of Wisconsin - Madison),
>Peter Lewis (London School of Economics), Graeme Turner (University of
>Queensland), Patrick Malone (ABC Indigenous Broadcasting Unit) and Jo
>Tacchi (Queensland University of Technology).
>
>This will be a rare opportunity to hear papers from radio scholars around
>the world. Anyone with a serious interest in media and communication
>studies ought to be there.
>
>There is an informative website at:
><http://www.rmit.edu.au/appliedcommunication/radio2005>http://www.rmit.edu.au/appliedcommunication/radio2005
>
>There is still the possibility of late paper offers - email by May 20 to:
>(radioconference /at/ rmit.edu.au)
>
>Registration for the conference is now open - download the form at:
><http://www.rmit.edu.au/appliedcommunication/radio2005>http://www.rmit.edu.au/appliedcommunication/radio2005

Carpentier Nico (Phd)
Vrijheidslaan 17 - B-1081 Brussel - Belgium
T: ++ 32 (0)2-412.42.78
F: ++ 32 (0)2/412.42.00
Office: 4/0/18
Centre for Media Sociology (CeMeSO)
European Consortium for Communication Research
Web: http://www.eccr.info