Archive for July 2024

[Commlist] CFP for Silicon Dawn: Creative Computing in Europe 1970 - 2000

Thu Jul 11 05:38:06 GMT 2024

In order to accommodate the end of year rush and other events, we have extended the Call for Papers for the edited collection,/Silicon Dawn: Creative Computing in Europe 1970 - 2000/ to *31/08/2024.*//
/
/
The revised timeline for the call is in the attached and an outline of details from the original call can be found below.

We are delighted to announce the Call for Papers for the European funded Cooperation on Science and Technology (COST) Action Grassroots of Digital Europe (GRADE) edited collection, */Silicon Dawn: Creative Computing in Europe 1970-2000/*.

We are currently in contact with University Presses as open access publishers for this collection.

We are particularly keen to welcome submissions from early career researchers and innovators for submissions to this collection and to encourage submissions from individuals in COST Inclusiveness Target Countries.  As GRADE promotes the working across boundaries and with communities - both real and imagined - please do consider these aspects when submitting your abstract.

Further details about the Action, including how to contribute to the Action and details relating to Inclusiveness Target Countries, can be found here: Action CA21141 - COST <https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA21141/#tabs+Name:Description>

Full details are in the attached.

For reference, the key timelines and contacts are as follows:

      Abstracts of no more than 500 words - not including references - should be sent to (_costgradewg1 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(costgradewg1 /at/ gmail.com)>_ as       a Word document by *31/08/2024*.  Please include a short bio for all authors of no more than 200 words.
      Notifications will be sent to authors by *30/09/2024*.

      Full papers of no more than 8000 words - including references - will be due by *28/02/2025*.

      Publication of the edited collection will take place in* August 2026*.

Please relay any questions that you have about the collection to the editors, cc'd here, Natalija Majsova ((natalija.majsova /at/ fdv.uni-lj.si)), Kieran Nolan ((kieran.nolan /at/ dkit.ie)) and Alex Wade ((alex.wade /at/ bcu.ac.uk)).

With your contributions, we look forward to stimulating, broadening and deepening the debate around the role of creative computing in Europe and its unique contribution to the contemporary world that it has helped to create.