Archive for July 2024

[Commlist] Call for EOIs: Editors and Editorial/Advisory Board of Film International

Tue Jul 09 09:45:33 GMT 2024

Call for Expressions of Interest: Editors and Editorial/Advisory Board of Film International

Intellect are seeking expressions of interest for new Co-Editors and Board Members for Film International.

View the full call here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/film-international-journal-of-world-cinema <https://www.intellectbooks.com/film-international-journal-of-world-cinema>

Aims & Scope:

Film Internationalcovers film culture as part of the broader culture, history and economy of society. We address topics of contemporary relevance from historically-informed perspectives. We wish to bridge the gap between the academy and the outside world, and encourage the participation of scholars from a variety of disciplines. We refuse the facile dichotomies of 'high' and 'low', Hollywood and independent, art and commercial cinema. We discuss Hollywood films seriously, and 'art' movies critically. We aim at becoming a truly international journal, recognising local specificities, but also the ultimate interconnectedness of an increasingly globalised world.

Current status:

The journal is published four times a year, and we are looking for a new editorial team to take over from Volume 22, Issue 1 (2024). We are open to discussions around frequency.

Editors:

We are open to expressions of interest from dedicated individuals, or teams of co-editors. We are looking to put together a team of at least three co-editors to lead the journal. Film Internationalis not currently peer-reviewed, however we are keen to relaunch it as a peer-reviewed journal, so the new team would need to be able to adapt to this process.

The role:

Editors are key to driving the vision and scope of the Journal. We are looking for individuals or co-editors who can renew and take forward the ideals and commitments of the Journal. As Editor(s) you will be expected to:

·Provide overall vision and leadership of the journal.

·Evaluate all manuscripts that are submitted to the journal.

·Select articles that are suitable for the journal for peer review.

·Encourage usage and subscriptions to the journal.

·Consider peer reviewers’ advice to make a final decision about what gets published.

·Work with the Editorial Board to identify new writers or develop ideas for Special Issues.

Editorial Board:

We are looking to expand and welcome new members to the Editorial Board. As a board member you will be expected to:

·Review submitted manuscripts.

·Advise on journal policy and scope.

·Identify topics for special issues

·Attract new authors and submissions.

·Promote the journal to their colleagues and peers.

·Encourage usage of the journal.

·Assist the editor(s) in decision making over issues such as plagiarism claims and submissions where reviewers can’t agree on a decision.

EOI process:

For questions or enquiries please write to Intellect’s Journals Manager, Amy Rollason ((amy.r /at/ intellectbooks.com) <mailto:(amy.r /at/ intellectbooks.com)>)

If you are interested in joining the Editorial Board, or being considered for the position of Editor, please provide a cover email outlining your specific interests and reasons for wanting to join the Film International team. Please also attach a CV.

Deadline: 29 July 2024